Saturday, February 21, 2009

Beer Photo of the Week - Chocolate Porter


It is just barely ready to go, but I cracked one anyway. Glad to see the slightly brown head, which is what I put the roasted barley in for. Bottom line is it's drinkable - tastes okay, like a typical porter with some extra roastiness, and some added coffee flavors from the chocolate. Additional conditioning should improve it. I can't detect any of the bourbon I put in. It also has a good color for a robust porter...


So I guess this is "Beer Photos of the Week"...

4 comments:

  1. It's definitely got the "look"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that looks tasty! It'd probably go down well with some 'Ponys'! Glad you liked the tunes and thanks for your comment!

    You should probably get to know Doc over at Social Zymurgy The Culture of Beer, you'd get along just fine I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dale! I'll be sure to check out Doc's blog when I'm at home...instead of at work like I'm doing now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Bull, that looks like a tasty beer alright. i think i'll follow your blog just so i can steal some of your recipes and pretend they're mine mwahahaha, only kidding you'll get full cred if i copy anything.

    ReplyDelete